Welcome to our family! We are a welcoming bunch of Jesus followers who don't take ourselves too seriously! We are the church all week long... but we try to get together at least once a week at our celebration service at 10:45. ) You can even check us out in advance by listening to our services, watching the video, or reading the bulletins. Just click the menus above.
Ladies, bring your lunch this Wednesday, and join us for a visit at noon!
If you know of any areas where our church could better meet the needs of people with disabilities, please let us know! We want our church to be a safe, accessible, friendly place for ALL people.
Bringing People Into The Caring Community Of Christ
June 20, 2016 - "Umbrella Tips" Edition
In this final ComBap Update report on the "Umbrella 2016" conference, I'd like to share some simple tips for accomplishing the important inclusion of disabled people. Disabled people NEED to belong in the family of God, and in our church families. Segregation is not the goal.
1. Don't make assumptions. Get to know the "person inside".
2. Remember "I'm broken. You're broken. God's not." Aren't we ALL a work in progress, all broken, in need of redemption and grace?
3. All of us want and need to feel safe, accepted, and nurtured.
4. Scripture tells us that often the parts of the body that seem weaker are INDISPENSABLE. (I Corinthians 12:22) Treat those who may be perceived as weaker with honour and respect.
5. Recognize the trauma and challenges handicapped people often go through.
6. Remember to "do no harm". Don't gossip about people with mental or physical challenges.
7. Consider establishing support groups, classes, or peer counselling ministries.
8. Tend to the needs of others (emotional and physical needs).
9. Remember that each of us has a spiritual gift that we need to use to bless the body. Everybody belongs. Everybody serves.
10. Dignity + respect = inclusion.
Can you spare $10/month to help change the world? Living Hope Ranch is a 12 month, faith based, residential program for female teens, 13 to 17, who are struggling with life controlling issues.
The Ranch is looking for sponsors to partner with them for $10/month. Bring a void cheque to the church office by Sunday, June 26.
We are also collecting toiletries for the girl residents (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, etc.). Please help us fill the bin in the fellowship hall!
Click on the cover to view the brochure. You will need to complete a registration form and waiver. Deadline to register is July 17.
800-2nd Ave NW